Sassy Quack

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 
Working

I spent the day of the 3rd in my office...sulking because my presence was required. None of the companies I work with on a daily basis were open and everything else was caught up...so there was very little to do. To be honest, I really didn’t have anything else going on that I was being kept from...but it was the idea that my company was oblivious to the presence of a holiday that irked me...and then I was annoyed with myself for being upset for such a little reason.

Later that evening, I went to The Boyfriend’s restaurant for dinner. When we walked in, the place had fallen apart. I guess people hadn’t shown up/called off. The Boyfriend took one look and went scampering off to the kitchen...so after a few minutes of watching the hostess look like a deer in headlights, I put down my purse and helped her. THIS work I did not mind...and upon further thought, decided the reason was that I felt USEFUL...as I had not felt at my office that day.

I am quite capable of amusing myself for the duration of the workday on occasions where there is not much to be done...but it is not particularly satisfying. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to be in a faster paced field? Or does this feeling wear off?

Pondering,

Sassy Quack

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?